GSA 8(a) STARS II
SA 8(a) STARS II Governmentwide Acquisition Contract
GSA’s 8(a) STARS II Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) offers federal agencies access to technical solutions from highly qualified, certified 8(a) small disadvantaged businesses.
The GSA 8(a) STARS II GWAC is the result of the federal government’s desire for the means to buy cost-effective, innovative solutions for information technology (IT) requirements. Using GWACs such as the 8(a) STARS II IDIQ is a faster alternative to time-consuming and costly full-and-open competitions.
As a multiple-award, indefinite-delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract, 8(a) STARS II is engineered to provide cutting-edge technology solutions to federal agencies from award-winning 8(a) small businesses. Using 8(a) STARS II enables federal agencies to access 8(a) firms through an established contract vehicle, instead of traditional, open market methods, saving time and taxpayer money.
APV currently supports 8(a) STARS II contracts for the US Army and the Food & Drug Administration. Using the 8(a) STARS II contract vehicle enabled these agencies to solicit and award a contract in less than two weeks.
A P Ventures is appraised at CMMI Dev. 3 and is ISO 9001:2015 certified. A P Ventures is currently on Constellation 1 of 8(a) STARS II on all four functional areas (FAs):
|Functional Area||NAICS Code|
|1. Custom Computer Programming Services||541511|
|2. Computer Systems Design Services||541512|
|3. Computer Facilities Management Services||541513|
|4. Other Computer-Related Services||541519|
1. Function Area 1 – NAICS 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in writing, modifying, testing, and supporting software to meet the needs of a particular customer:
- Custom computer applications software programming services;
- Custom computer program or software development;
- Custom computer programming services;
- Custom computer software analysis and design services;
- Custom computer software programming services;
- Custom computer software support services; and
- Web (i.e., Internet) page design services, custom.
2. Functional Area 2 – NAICS 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in planning and designing computer systems that integrate computer hardware, software, and communication technologies. The hardware and software components of the system may be provided by this establishment or company as part of integrated services, or may be provided by third parties or vendors. These establishments often install the system and train and support users of the system:
- CAD (computer-aided design) systems integration design services;
- CAE (computer-aided engineering) systems integration design;
- CAM (computer-aided manufacturing) systems integration design;
- Computer hardware consulting services or consultants;
- Computer software consulting services or consultants;
- Computer systems integration analysis and design services;
- Computer systems integration design consulting services;
- Computer integrator services;
- Information management computer systems integration design services;
- Local Area Network (LAN) computer systems integration design services;
- Computer network systems design services; and
- Office automation computer systems integration design services.
3. Functional Area 3 – NAICS 541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing on-site management, and operation of clients’ computer systems and/or data processing facilities. Establishments providing computer systems or data processing facilities support services are included in this industry:
- Computer systems facilities management and operation services;
- Data processing facilities management and operation services;
- Computer systems or data processing facilities management and operation services; and
- Computer systems or data process facilities support services.
4. Functional Area 4 – NAICS 541519 – Other Computer Related Services
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing computer-related services (except custom programming, systems integration design, and facilities management services). Establishments providing computer disaster recovery services or software installation services are included in this industry:
- Computer disaster recovery services; and
- Computer software installation services.
Let us know how APV can support your mission-critical requirements.
GSA 8(a) STARS II GSA Website:
One five-year base period with one five-year option
(08/31/2011 through 08/30/2021)
extends to 8/30/2024
APV Contract Number:
443-542-9188, ext. 1005
443-542-9188, ext. 1007
8(a) STARS II allows sole source task orders up to $4M.
Order requirements do not require an additional offer and acceptance from SBA.
Agency Contracting Officers receive Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA) from GSA, and then can choose to procure via direct acquisitions or assisted acquisitions.
Order types include:
- Fixed Price
- Time & Materials
- Labor Hour
- Hybrid blends
RFI/RFQ/RFPs over $4M must be posted to GSA's Ebuy at www.gsa.gov/ebuy to meet fair opportunity requirements. For orders under $4M, RFI/RFQ/RFPs may be released via email, fax, commercial mail carrier, or other electronic means.
Solicitation synopsis in FedBizOpps is not generally required.
Contract Access Fee (CAF) is 0.75% to be applied to the total price for contractor performance.
GSA 8(a) STARS II Email: