News And Events
Check here to stay up-to-date on APV news, updates, announcements, and awards.
March 20, 2016 – Columbia, MD – The all-new MDgo4it website designed and developed by A P Ventures (APV) for the Maryland Higher Education Commission is now live.
The Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) and the Maryland State Department of Education originally created the MDgo4It site to assist students at varying stages of their academic careers with planning for their future. MHEC needed to expand the reach of the site to include a growing audience of adult learners looking for post-secondary learning opportunities. The existing website was not mobile friendly and featured a design that appealed more to K-12 and college students than potential adult learners. MHEC also needed the site to be easy to navigate in order to increase public access MHEC resources and services. With so many users requesting brochures and presentations, MHEC staff required an efficient means to collect and review data from site visits and completed forms.
APV worked collaboratively with MHEC staff to create a design that would appeal to a wide audience with an emphasis on improved usability and functionality. APV incorporated responsive design to enable the site to be viewed on multiple devices. Quick links provide site visitors with easy access to the site's valuable resources. Our developers used HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, VisualStudio, ASP.net C#, MS SQL, and Jquery. We trained MHEC staff to be able to easily update content and resources through Web Expressions.
As a result of APV's efforts and collaboration with MHEC, MHEC launched its newly designed website in early 2016 at http://www.mdgo4it.com/with the following features:
• Up-to-date information about college access, the state's financial aid programs, and MHEC outreach initiatives
• Social media icons that connect visitors to MHEC, such as a Twitter feed that enables visitors to see MHEC’s most recent announcements
• An Events Calendar that provides an at-a-glance overview of upcoming events and allows visitors to save important dates to their personal calendars
• Web and mobile forms that allow users to request MHEC presentations and brochures
• Functionality for MHEC administrators to generate PDF reports capturing data from web form requests
• Forms that allow MHEC administrators to approve, schedule, and notify requestors of presentations
APV is an 8(a)-certified, woman-owned IT firm founded in 2006 in Columbia, Maryland, that specializes in eLearning/training, web collaboration, systems integration and development, enterprise solutions, and strategic staffing and management consulting.
For more information on APV, visit www.APVit.com or call its offices at 443-542-9188.
Sunday, March 20, 2016